An Olde Fashioned Independence Day at the Joel Lane Museum House
- 23rd annual Independence Day Open House – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Re-enactors demonstrate colonial life
- Visitors participate in hands-on activities such as wrting with quill pens or making rag dolls
- Old-fashioned crafts and games
- Free lemonade
- Tours of 1770 manor house and 1790 middle-class home
The Works! July 4th on Fayetteville Street
- Gouge wrestling – 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, and 8 p.m.
- Tasty 8’s hot dog eating contest – 2 and 7 p.m
- Watermelon seed spitting contest – 3, 4:30, 6, and 7:30 p.m.
- Lumpy’s icecream eating contest – 2:30 and 5 p.m.
- Red Hat Amphitheater performances begin at 5 p.m.
- Morgan Street stage opens at 1 p.m.
- City Plaza stage opens at 12 p.m.
- Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
Independence Day Olde Time Celebration at Bond Park
- Parent and child fishing tournament – 7:30 a.m.
- Parade decorations (bikes, strollers, wagons, etc.) – 9:30 am.
- Parade in the park with Cary Town Band – 10:30 a.m.
- Canine talent show – 10:45 a.m.
- Family contests, including donut eating, lakeside Olympics, watermelon eating, seed spitting, water balloon toss, and sidewalk decorating – 11:15 a.m.
July 4th Celebration at Koka Booth Amphitheatre
- Kids activities including video game truck, magician, face painters – 3 to 7 p.m.
- Model boat regatta on Symphony Lake – 3 p.m.
- Frozen T-shit contest – 4:30 p.m.
- Watermelon eating contest – 5 p.m
- Lumpy’s ice cream eating contest – 5:30 p.m.
- Cary Town Band on main stage – 5:45 p.m
- NC Symphony on main stage – 7:30 p.m
- Fireworks immediately following concert
Olde Fashioned Fourth of July in historic downtown
- Flag Raising – 9 a.m.
- Family activities including inflatables, street performers, Karaoke, carnival games, climbing wall, cakewalk, and more – 9:15 – 11:50 a.m.
- Parade line-up (decorated bikes, scooters, wagons, etc.) – 11:45 a.m.
- Uncle Sam’s Parade of Wheels (all are welcome) – 12 p.m
- Fire department Splash Down! – 12:30 p.m.
- Gates open with family-friendly activities – 7 p.m.
- Hosted by radio personality Ron Stutts from WCHL
- Live performance by Bull City Syndicate
- Watermelon eating contest – 7 p.m.
- Fireworks – 9:30 p.m.
Bulls Athletic Park Fireworks Shows
- Durham Bulls vs. Gwinnett Braves – July 2 + 3
- USA Baseball vs. Chinese Taipei – July 4 + 5
Happy Independence Day!
To check out homes and neighborhoods in the Raleigh or Triangle area, visit our City Search or call us with any questions at 919-981-5795.